Last Updated: July 2021
GuROO, LLC (“us”, “we”, “our” or “GuROO”) operates Gurooit.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, storing, and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site, and your choices about privacy when you use the Site.
The Site is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If we determine that we have received personal information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete it.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT & LOG DATA
While using certain features on our Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number (“Personal Information”). You agree that all information you provided will be accurate and complete, and you agree to update your information as appropriate.
Personal Information does not include aggregated, non–personally identifying information. We may use such information to operate, analyze, improve, and optimize our website and service.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
We may combine the various types of information we collect about you to improve our services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect your Personal Information from any one of the following sources:
- Directly from you when you interact with us on the Site;
- Through our Site when you send us an email or complete a form;
- OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to communicate with you at your request. We may use your Personal Information and Log Data for internal purposes, such as improving our Site and service offerings, security reasons, training purposes and for our legal documentation and compliance purpose.
No Sale of Personal Information. Under no circumstances do we sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information with third parties for their commercial purposes. To enhance your experience, we may provide you with interactive communications, using the e-mail address that you provide to us. Such interactive communications are provided only to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive them. You may revoke our use of your email address for these purposes by clicking “unsubscribe.”
Testimonials and Reviews: We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the Site in addition to other endorsements. By submitting such information, you grant GuROO the right to post and publish such information at our sole discretion. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name or company name, as applicable.
Potential Newsletter. If we add a newsletter for regular updates in the future, it will be an opt-in service and you will not be subscribed by default.
- OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- With our affiliates, who are bound to use your information in accordance with this policy. • With our commercial partners who partner with us to deliver our services.
- In connection with a corporate transaction (e.g., merger, sale, joint venture, bankruptcy, or similar proceedings).
- With law enforcement to comply with legal process.
- At your direction.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. When you visit our Site, we may store information about your web session and assign you one or more cookies. Your browser will store these cookies on your computer in a small text file, and if you return to the Site the cookie may be read. For example, when you decide to log in, we store encrypted information in your browser, so you don’t have to log in on every page. Cookies are not linked to your Personal Information.
We may also use web beacons, clear gif technology, or action tags as mechanisms to collect aggregate Site Visitation Data by tracking how users navigate to and through our website. We may also use this technology to track the delivery of HTML email messages. Data collected through this mechanism is not linked to Personal Information.
- DATA RETENTION
We generally will only store your information if necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or – where the applicable law provides for longer storage and retention periods – for the storage and retention period required by law. To dispose of Personal Information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
- If you withdraw your consent on which a processing of your Personal Information is based, GuROO will delete your Personal Information without undue delay to the extent that the collection and processing of the Personal Information was based on the withdrawn consent.
- If you exercise a right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, GuROO will delete your Personal Information that GuROO processed for the purpose to which you objected without undue delay, unless another legal basis for processing and retaining this data exists or unless applicable law requires us to retain the data.
- YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We believe that users should be treated equally no matter where they are, and so we are making the following options to control your data available to all users, regardless of their location. You can update certain information by accessing your profile via “Settings.”
Individuals in California, the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold Personal Information about them, to access Personal Information we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of Personal Information, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
- How can I access the Personal Information you have about me?
○ If you would like to submit a data access request, you can email email@example.com with the subject line “Personal Information Request.” We will then start the process and provide you access to the Personal Information that GuROO has on you within 30 days.
- How do I correct, update, amend, or delete the Personal Information you have about me? ○ In addition to the functionality available through the “Settings” once in your account, in which you can correct, update, amend, or delete certain Personal Information, you can also request other modifications from us directly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Personal Information Request” in the subject or body of your message, along with an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify identity before responding to your request.
- How do I object or restrict the way GuROO processes my Personal Information? ○ You have a right to ask us to stop using or limit our use of your Personal Information in certain circumstances—for example, if we have no lawful basis to keep using your data, or if you think your Personal Information is inaccurate.
○ In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from GuROO as to whether GuROO processes Personal Information from you, and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to our Personal Information stored by GuROO. To exercise this right, you may at any time contact GuROO at email@example.com.
- Right to rectification of your Personal Information: If GuROO processes your Personal Information, GuROO shall endeavor to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your Personal Information is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which GuROO collected your Personal Information. If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to obtain the rectification of such data. To exercise this right, you may at any time contact GuROO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to erasure of your Personal Information or right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information or the restriction of processing of your Personal Information. To exercise this right, you may at any time contact GuROO at email@example.com.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive the Personal Information concerning you and which you have provided to GuROO, in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format or to transmit those data to another controller. To exercise this right, you may at any time contact us at gurooit.com.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html. ● If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
We care about the protection of your user information and use industry standard safeguards to do so. Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that no data transmission on the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. We use industry standard physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your user information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us as provided below.
- Third party links
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, including those of our affiliates and business partners. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any Personal Information that may be collected through these websites or services, including Contact and Location Data. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites or use the services available through these websites.
- YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- CONTACT US